Canada visitor visa serves as a temporary immigration option that allows tourists to visit Canada for tourism and enjoyment. Canada visitor visa is also known as Canada Tourist Visa or Canadian Temporary Resident Visa (TVR). This visa will be valid for a maximum period of 6 months.
Visitors can go for two different types of visa:
- Single entry visa: It allows coming in and going out of Canada just once. Once you are out of the country except for the United States and St. Pierre and Miquelon, you need to reapply for your visa before you can enter the country again.
- Multiple entry visa: Through multiple entry visas you can do multiple journeys to and from the country without thinking about the validity of your visa each time. These visas can be valid for up to 10 years or 1 month before the visa expires, whichever happens first.
How to check your eligibility for visa visit Canada application?
To make sure that you qualify for the visa application process, you will need to prove to the authorities that:
- You have got a valid passport
- You have no medical issues
- You have your sources in place to pay for your expenses in Canada
- You have a residence out of Canada and other compulsory bindings that will make sure you return to your homeland after visiting Canada
- Your plan to date of arrival and departure is fixed
- You are not there in search of better job opportunities
- There is no criminal record in your name
- You don’ pose any potential threat to the safety of the country
- You agree to follow the rules of the land
- You are always ready for any medical examination
Once you have made sure that you qualify to apply for visa, follow these steps to get your visa work done:
- The mode of application:
You can apply in two different ways:
- Apply Online- You must have a credit card in order to apply for your Canada visitor visa online and a device that can scan or create electronic copies of your supporting document.
- Apply on Paper- You have to just download the visitor visa form for Canada and the corresponding checklist and follow these steps.
- Fill out your form: Go through all thedetails while filling up your visa form. Make sure to include your bar code page. You can get your visa rejected if you do not provide all the necessary documents, information and fees.
- Pay the processing fee: Pay all the required fees for your visa application. You can make payment through multiple options like bank draft or certified cheque. You can refer to fee schedule for fee information and bank draft details. Make sure that you are paying according to the latest visa application fees.
- Visit your local CVAC: Don’t forget to visit your local Canada visa application Centre. Go with your entire passport, photographs, completed forms and all supporting documents. Make sure to match everything as per the checklist.
- Submit your visa application form: Submit your completed application form and pay the appropriate service charges at the CVAC. You will get a receipt in return. Hold your receipt tightly as it contains your tracking Id number which you can use to track the status of your application form. You will also be requested to provide your biometrics.
These above steps must be well sorted out in order to get the way towards the destination.